So, I’m feeling a little like I am always starting my posts with an apology. I’ll get it over with really quickly. The blog has been put on the back burner the last month/few weeks. Things have been chaotic in this house hold, I won’t go into it, but it’s all very exciting, but very stressful. Anyhow I’m back today with a super easy peasy recipe, if you can really call it that. I’ve seen this idea on Pintrest and Youtube, so thought I’d give it a whack. So, without further waffle lets get started…
What You’ll Need:
* 1 Ripe Banana
*Nuts of Your Choice (optional)
*Nut Butter of Your Choice (I’m using Pic Peanut Butter But Almond would work great too)
1. Melt your dark chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments, alternatively you can do this using a double boil method on the stove top.
2. Whilst the chocolate is melting, chop your banana into small slices
3. Place a dollop of your nut butter of choice on top of the banana. If you’d prefer, you can leave this step out.
4.Place a slice of the banana on top to make a little sandwich.
5. This is where it gets a little messy. Place a sheet of baking paper on a tray or plate and put your banana sandwiches on top. Pour your dark chocolate onto the banana, so that they are covered evenly.
6.Add the topping of your choice, this is also optional. I decided to put some chopped walnuts on mine, but you could also use almonds, sprinkles or coconut flakes, the skies the limit with these.
7. Finally place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
You’re left with these gorgeous little bites. When the banana freezes it take on a ice cream like consistency and creaminess. If you close your eyes you pretend that this sweet treat is a lot more naughty than it really is. I feel a little bad making this into a recipe as it is incredibly easy, but they are so yummy I couldn’t keep these to myself.
Thanks so much for reading.