Since I haven’t done a recipe since my Heart Warming Chicken Soup post, I thought I would mix it up and show you one of my all time favourite breakfasts. This Granola is super easy to make, will last for around 3-4 weeks in an air tight jar (If it even lasts that long) and its pretty darn healthy. So with all that said and done here’s how to make it…
What you’ll need:
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Pic’s Peanut Butter Unsalted
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1.5 cups of Wholegrain Oats
- Pinch of Salt
- Sprinkle in your favourite nuts and seeds, I use a mixture of Pumpkin seeds, Walnuts, Slivered Almonds, Sesame Seeds or feel free to pop some Goji Berries or Dried Cranberries.
Preheat Oven to 180 Fan
- Mix the Honey, Maple Syrup and Peanut Butter in a microwavable bowl. Once mixed well microwave for 20 seconds and stir again.
- Add in the Chia Seeds, Vanilla Extract, Cinnamon and the salt and stir well.
- Place the wet ingredients into a larger bowl make sure to use a spatula to get as much of the mixture out into the new bowl. Add in the oats, make sure to add a little at a time, to ensure the oats are covered completely with the wet mixture.
- Next add in your desired extras. If you find it’s a little dry add in a little more Honey and Maple syrup to the mix.
- Spread the mixture evenly over a baking tray covered in baking paper.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 mins, turning the granola over half way through. Be sure to keep and eye on it as it tends to burn pretty fast.
So there you have it! I like to have mine with unsweetened natural yoghurt, chopped pears, grapes and strawberries and a little drizzle of honey. It would also be amazing as a parfait, in a cute glass with lots of yummy berries in between. Enjoy with a glass of coconut water and you’re set for the day.
Let me know if you try this